Enough is Enough!
There is a saying that Fashion repeats itself every 20-30 years! But still there are a few things that I seriously don’t want to be repeated. Following is a non-comprehensive short-list of so called fashion-eshtyle that I badly don’t like:
1. Sadhna cut---Eeeew! I can’t remember any other girl other than Sadhna ji, on whom this Wow (?) style suited! Especially, on girls with small faces-it’s awful! (Sorry!)
|My niece-I'm struggling to get her some other haircut!|
2. Bell-bottom trousers---What a taste? Who designed them? Just try to remember TALL & HANDSOME Big B of those days wearing trousers tight on waist and wider like curtains on bottom!!! Do I need to tell more? B-)
|Thanks to IndianExpress|
3. Hippy cut with X-Large shades---Have you ever noticed, most of the guys who sort loooong girlish-hair, generally have beards too? Simple reason-they do want to look man! And with those bbbigggg shades-what they say in hindi ‘karela aur neem chadha’!
|from movie Hera Pheri|
4. Talcum powdered faces---I don’t like Fairness creams either, but faces loaded with Talcum powder! What to say? No comments please!
5. Polka dots---Height of repetitiveness!
But, there are a few fashion statements that are just adorable, guaranteed for admiration:
1. Saree---Oooooh! What an appeal! Be it Rekha ji or Sushmita Sen, a saree clad nari (lady) is just Dillogical! <3
2. Dhoti/Chudidar-Kurta-Jodhpuri Jooti---This is an ultimate fashion statement! Want to be odd one out on the even side? Wear it! Gracious! Respectable! Unmatchabale!
3. Blue Denim-White Shirt---I bet, everybody who has ever wear or thought to wear a Denim, have aspired for at least One real Blue-Denim in his/her collection with a white shirt to be tugged in on any and all the occasions! What regular, all time turn-on attire! Hot!
4. Denim & Kurti---This fusion dress for girls looks superb if maintained!
5. Ankle Boots---These are the pairs, a Man/Lady can always strive for! On a ride, or with your coolest denims, they just complete the harmony!
6. Kolhapuri Chappals---Personal favorite, on denims. Try those; they are fabulous (though difficult to walk with).
7. Aviators---The Best a Man can get! Another Personal Favorite! :)
A lot is still cooking inside my semi-fashionable Brain; semi-cause I like watching FTV or ZeeTrends but know don’t have any guts to try them! But, yess it’s one’s own privilege to decide what to wear, what not to! One of my teachers, though, said, “Eat what YOU love to; Wear what OTHERS love on you”.
My own standard for judging has been observing my shadow, about what is actually fitting beautifully, one’s shadow better says than mirror!
All said and done, here’s deal, courtesy IndiBlogger and Brandmile, join Brandmile and get what’s on trend on never-before prices! Click here…. for an invitation to Brandmile, which is an invitation-only Shopping Stop.
(P.S.: All the Comments are author’s personal opinion and have not been intended to hurt anybody dead or alive.)
very well put.ReplyDelete
the pic of amitabh is great.
A complete post on fashion disaster and even I believe sadhna cut look horrible in small faces-good observation.ReplyDelete
Polka dots overdose looks monotonous and boring .
Very interesting post and all the best for the contest.
@Pramod ji-Thank you!ReplyDelete
@pratibha--Obliged that you liked the Post! :)
*Happy New Year*
Sadhna Cut. :) My FavReplyDelete
@Bibek - Ahhh! I seriously dont like that hairstyle... :pReplyDelete
Keep coming :)
espclly the sadhana cut
i agree with u on this !!
can u pls vote me at http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=46333
for close up contest
@Afshan--Thanks! :) Reading ur post.....ReplyDelete
Like you said, this is from desk of not so known designer.ReplyDelete
u think bell bottoms are ugly?
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tfR2MN_jNAw/TfuaN3pm4fI/AAAAAAAAdBg/FYUHBHHQZ5E/s1600/san-francisco-street-style-blog-bellbottoms.jpg or you haven't seen katie holmes wearing one.
u think polka dots are ugly?
what about polka dots seen in stella McCartney??? or the ones at Erdem and D&G??
lol.. honestly. no fashion/trend is ugly if its worn how it is supposed to be.
wearing a saree and sneakers with over sized gogles ought to look horrible.
wearing metallics head to toe or animal prints head to toe will obviously look horrible.
it's about how you wear/sport the trend :)
Thanks Purushu, for such an insightful comment!ReplyDelete
I am really gaudy on fashion sense, and wear only what please my eyes on mirror. What I wrote above was much about that sense of suiting on me, thou I didnt actually tell. I surrender to each and every point raised by you, and I seriously appreciate the quote 'no fashion/trend is ugly if its worn how it is supposed to be', If you'll allow would like to update the post with this quote...
Much thanks :)
Ha ha. lol :)ReplyDelete
but somehow it's strange. we people in India can easily get judgmental about fashion. I didn't mean this post. But in general. We are bound by too much of customs and traditions. It's still gonna take years for us to completely open up to not just fashion but certain other issues.
Oh. and it's an amusing read btw :)